- BARBARA TO WORK WITH FORMULA FORD - Further to the announcement at the Formula Ford Festival, the 2004
Formula Ford Championship will now sit alongside F3/GT championships
and Barbara has been appointed as Championship Manager. Click HERE to visit their website.
- ON THE RIGHT RACINGLINE FOR SEAT - Barbara Armstrong will play an important commercial and sporting
role in the 2004 Holiday Inn SEAT Cupra Championship. Click
- BARBARA COMPETES IN THUNDER RACES - A major 10-part engineering challenge to be shown on the Discovery
Channel and Channel 4. Click here for more....
- DUCKWORTH LAND ROVER BINBROOK
RALLY - 2 times British lady rally champion Barbara Armstrong
was taking part in this rally as a guest driver and whilst she had
not driven a 205 for nearly 10 years and she suffered from mechanical
gremlins on SS1 and SS2, she impressed everyone by recording a fastest
overall stage time on SS3 before the engine failed on SS4.
In achieving the fastest stage time on SS3 she not only became the only female to have ever recorded a fastest stage time in a one
make rally championship but she was the first female to set a
fastest stage time on a rally since Louise Atkin-Walker some 20 years
- WOMEN IN MOTORSPORT BOOKS - Two new books are now on sale, both featuring Barbara. Women
in Motorsport from 1945 by Susan TP Jamieson/Peter Tuthill,
Girls by Susan TP Jamieson both feature stories and exploits
from women competitors across the world who have challenged the men
and earned respect as drivers. Priced £26 and £10 respectively
- APRIL 2003 - Action
Resources website welcome Barbara as their patron for the "Women
in Motorsport" section of their site. Click HERE to visit the site. "I think we will open a
very good window of opportunity to the younger female generation with
their hearts set in motorsport" said Barbara.
- MARCH 2003 - Armstrong aims for US campaign (from Autosport
Magazine) - Former SEAT Cupra Sport works driver Barbara Armstrong
is trying to piece a deal together to compete in the SCCA ProRally
Championship in America. Armstrong is likely to tackle May's Rim of
the World Rally in an AV Sport-tuned Subaru Impreza, and she says
she is keen to compete on a regular basis Statesite. Armstrong will
team up with co-driver Claire Mole, potentially creating the first
all-female lineup in the SCCA series. "There's a lot of interest
in getting a femals crew out there" she said.
- MARCH 2003 - Armstrong
for ASCAR (from Autosport Magazine)
- Former British Ladies rally champion Barbara Armstrong is the latest
driver to switch attention to the Rockingham-based ASCAR stock car
championship. The Scot will take her rookie test next week. She ais
to contest this year's full ASCAR calendar.
Armstrong, 37, admitted that she had been watching the series closely
and found the format of the cars and the racing appealing. "It
looks great", she said "Lots of power and fairly
agricultural levels of technology. I had a good look around the
cars when I was up at Rockingham, and I'm well up for the series.
I did some oval racing in stock cars a while ago and took to that
pretty well. This should be good fun".
It will not be Armstrong's first foray into circuit racing. Two
years ago, she competed in the Porsche Cup with top team Parr Motorsport,
scoring eight third places and finishing eighth in the final Championship
- SEPTEMBER 2002 - Barbara and
her team of SEAT female instructors are featured in Autocar Magazine.
Click HERE to read the article.
- SEPTEMBER 2002- Barbara travels
to Seattle with Subaru to accompany journalists at the Wild West Rally.
Click HERE for photos
and a write-up.
- SEPTEMBER 2002 - Barbara and former F2 Champion Andrea Hall appeared on the
BBC2 show "Ready Steady Cook" on 5th September.
Barbara was paired up with chef Nick Nairn and cooked Calfs liver
and pasta. She got the audience's vote and won the show!
- June 2002 - Barbara drives the
Porsche Safety Car at Spa round of the Porsche Cup. Photos HERE and HERE.
- May 2002 - SEAT Ibiza Driveway
successfully launched at Rockingham Motor Speedway. Barbara and the
girls on hand to give SEAT Dealers the fast laps around the circuit.
Click HERE, HERE and HERE for photos and articles.
- LOCTITE RALLYSPRINT 2001 - Barbara competed in a Subaru Impreza, full results HERE
- Barbara presents prizes at the 205
Challenge, click here for pic
- 14th NOVEMBER 2001 - Armstrong
Waste sponsors Galloway Hills Rally on 2nd December - Click HERE for
the Galloway Homepage
- 13th NOVEMBER 2001 - Final Showdown
at Banbury. Barbara to drive the Peugeot Super 1600 at Banbury Rally. More....
- 28th OCTOBER 2001 - Photos
added to World Cup Rally Gallery HERE
- 22nd OCTOBER 2001 - The
World Cup Rally finished to tumultuous applause when cars crossed
the finishing ramp at Brooklands... back where they had set out from
20 days earlier. More....
- 13th OCTOBER 2001 - BARBARA &
ALYSON CAUGHT IN TORRENTIAL SAHARA FLOODING - This is no
longer just a freak storm - real African flash-floods, so torrential,
locals in their battered Peugeot 404s were being knocked sideways
as rivers of water came crashing across stretches of the road, bringing
rocks and mud along with it. More......
- 30th SEPT 2001- WORLD CUP RALLY KICKS OFF - first to be flagged off on the World Cup Rally, by Motor-racing
legend Stirling Moss, was Peugeot’s Barbara Armstrong and Alyson Marlow
in their 1.4LX 20. More.....
- WORLD CUP RALLY 2001- start venue change: The World Cup Rally will be flagged away by Stirling Moss from Brooklands
Motor Museum, on Sunday morning, 10.00am, on September 30th, a change
forced by the recent announcement concerning the cancelling of the
London Motor Show. Brooklands is just 10 minutes from junction 10
of the M25. The rally finish will also be at Brooklands at 6.30pm
on Friday October 19. More.......
- Barbara signs with Peugeot
for World Cup Rally 2001
- World Cup Rally newspaper cutting
from the Hull Daily Mail
- Letter of thanks from 2000 SEAT Fantasy Rally
- RallySprint article from Autosport
Magazine, September 1999
- British Ladies Rally Champion makes
21st Century Debut